Friday, November 7, 2008

Living With The BIG Dog!


I have noticed that certain blogs have themes. Ex. a blog dedicated to hunting, one about motherhood, one about tragedy, religion, etc. What could I write about? Half my kids are grown and the other half are pretty self directed. I can keep you up-to-date on a few things that happen around here, like the fact that Michael comes home from school everyday. He turns the radio on to Glenn Beck and does his homework. Exciting stuff, I know!

My life has changed since the BIG dog. I've lowered the bar on housekeeping because I just can't keep up. (I know, you'll never eat anything from my house again!) McCall blows out every cup she every drinks from and examines it thoroughly before declaring it "safe for drinking with". Her friends come over and do it too!! (That's embarrassing) If you don't know what I'm talking about it's this 109lb. Lab/Shep/Dane? mix tall, shedding, hairy dog that became an inside dog in 2006, after his LARGE litter mate was placed on a spacious spread of land, where they belong.(We got 2 puppies at first...STUPID!) Being the good mother I am (sucker), I agreed to keep "Bear" so my son won't grow up deranged or something because he didn't have a dog to love and care for. Have you ever tried to gather the family and kneel in prayer with a BIG dog? Let's just say, our spiritual bar has been lowered as well.

I know that this gig has already been done. Marley and Me. I can't compete. My dog isn't that funny or bad. Bear is actually pretty good most of the time. He is just BIG and sheds! Things he cannot change about himself. Things that I just have to be patient with. I'm counting down the years left, but I know that when he's gone to doggie heaven, I'll miss the companionship.(Maybe?) However, I won't miss the shedding, farting, snoring, and sniffing.(WARNING:Dog is average crotch height.)
I apologize to all my dog loving friends and family.

This is the best advice I've ever read on a blog..."Don't acquire anything unless you are willing to devote love. It is the Law of the Good Steward. Don't get a puppy unless you really, really mean to get a puppy."

I have chosen a BIG dog and so I choose to love this BIG dog.

No comments: